Of all the renewable energy guides and do it yourself books on the market at the moment, very few are getting as much attention as Energy 2 Green. One of the newer guides, Energy 2 Green has a lot of ground to make up because some of the other manuals, most notably Earth4Energy, seem to have a cult following! As such, it has struggled to make a major impact in the market and often gets ignored, but is that justified?
Energy 2 Green is the creation of Tomas Haynes but was not initially meant to be a DIY renewable energy guide for other people. Instead, Haynes was experimenting with renewable energy sources himself to see just how much money he could save by creating his own energy via a generator he built at home. It turned out to be so successful that he put a book together about it. Just how interesting is it though and can it help you?
The Life Changing Energy 2 Green
I was intrigued by Energy 2 Green because it seemed to be a little different to the rest of the renewable energy DIY books. It had an engineering focus rather than a layman’s focus like most of the others around. I was curious as to whether this would make it more effective and efficient than the other systems or not. It does in many ways, especially given the fact that the basis is much more scientific than I thought it would be.
Energy 2 Green has four specific goals set out in advance so you can easily figure out whether it will work for you. It provides you with the means to build windmills and solar panels with materials that can be found in the average hardware store, designs that cost under $500 to implement, provides simple step by step instructions and can help you to make your household more environmentally friendly. Does it deliver on these points? For the most part it definitely does.
One particularly nice touch I found with the Energy 2 Green system is that it was tested rigorously before the book was released on general sale… by high school students! Haynes actually had high school students follow the instructions and build their own renewable energy systems, which they did and proved that the system works. These tests vouch for the efficiency of the system and provide important positive feedback about the designs so it may be a good option for you.
The Energy 2 Green has a lot of pros, some of which are outlined right here:
- The wind turbines and solar panels are really easy to erect with no special tools at all to hand. You can easily do it all with hand tools for a low price so there is no major cost at all.
- The instructions are clear and concise so you will easily be able to follow them. As a step by step guide, it does lay every step out well.
- The book is a huge 400 pages! You will need to print it out to get the full benefit but this is excellent value for the price.
- There are so many hints and tips that can help you to make the most of your investment. This includes maintenance and repair, unlike Homemade Energy so there is a definite advantage there.
Unfortunately, Energy 2 Green also has a few negative points, most of which are actually related to how the system compares with others:
- The instructions are not as clear as some of the others around and do tend to be more scientific so you might not be able to understand some of the more complex ideas and steps.
- There are no instructional videos like those that Earth4Energy has so if you do get stuck then you will not be able to watch the individual steps in real time.
Is Energy 2 Green Worth The Energy?
Yes, Energy 2 Green is definitely worth putting time and energy into. It is not the ideal book for the beginner by any means because some of the information is too technically complex but someone with a little know how would appreciate it no end. The explanations are detailed and the diagrams could not be any clearer than they are.
I actually got my turbine working first time with no hassle so you could also have renewable energy in your home quickly and easily. Providing that you follow the instructions exactly, you should not have any problems at all. If you are looking for an effective and efficient system with a great design that is built to last then you may have found your guide!